Planning and Development
Multi - Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Planning
Personnel Policy Development & Update
Regional Planning Services - Zoning
Lead Reduction Program
Asbestos Training Program
* Provide a forum for addressing intergovernmental needs and issues.- Saturday Legislative Coffees
* Maintain liaison with state and federal agencies and organizations.
* Coordinate intergovernmental activities.
* Conduct or sponsor seminars on specific topics of concern.
* Disseminate information concerning available programs or assistance.
* Prepare and distribute newsletters.
* Maintain cooperation and coordination with other local/ area-wide organizations and agencies.
* Consult with local governments on specific problems/concerns.
* Provide short-term technical assistance to local governments.
* Research and identify prospective funding sources for local governments.
* Research and prepare small grant/loan applications. – (less than 10 hrs. preparation)
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Chariton Valley Planning & Development Council is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. CVPD believes in employing the most suitable individual to perform a job. Our employment practices are not intended to be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, disability, unfavorable military discharge, or any other characteristic protected by law.
It is within the intent of this guideline to provide an environment which is free of harassment of any kind. Additionally, it is the intent of this guideline to provide equal employment opportunities for minorities, women, and disabled individuals. This guideline governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Prohibit discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits and other aspects of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin in accordance with TITLE VI and TITLE VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended;
To prohibit age discrimination and protect applicants and employees 40 years of age or older from discrimination on account of age in hiring, promotion, discharge, compensation, terms, condition, or privileges of employment, in accordance with the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended;
To prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability, and protect qualified applicants and employees with disabilities from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, job training, fringe benefits and other aspects of employment in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990;
To prohibit job discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in accordance with Executive Order 11246;
To prohibit discrimination because of handicap in accordance with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended;
To prohibit job discrimination in employment qualified Vietnam era in accordance with the 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act.
Any employees with questions or concerns regarding any type of discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the Executive Director. Employees may raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal.
Any employee found to have engaged in any type of unlawful discrimination may be subject to corrective action up to and including termination.